The aims of the LEAF programme are:
- To see an increased level of awareness and knowledge about the key role forests play for sustainable life on our planet
- To stimulate activities that will help students achieve an increased level of environmental maturity irrespective of age and previous knowledge.
The LEAF Programme focus areas in Kenya include:
- Agroforestry and tree planting in schools and communities as a measure of mitigating and adapting to climate change
- Conservation of forests in Kenya’s main water towers: Mt. Kenya, The Aberdares, Mt Elgon, Cherangani Hills and Mau complex.
- Using sports, arts, music and mentorship initiatives to enhance students’ participation in forest conservation actions.
- Partnering with corporates and other stakeholders to use of schools and communities schools to mark world important days for environmental conservation e.g. World Environment Day, World Day to Combat Desertification, World Day of Forests and World Water Day among others.
Welcome to KOEE!
The Kenya Organization for Environmental Organization (KOEE) is a non-governmental organization in Kenya…
Glory Valley Off Glory Road
P.O. Box 1513-0621
Sat- Sun: closed